Why Thomas Worthington Needs Longer Lunch Periods!- A Letter to the Editor

Have you ever had to eat so fast that you felt physically sick after wards? Well I have, especially when school is in session. At my school, Thomas Worthington High school we get 25 minutes for lunch everyday which is nearly not enough time to consume a quality lunch. The atmosphere surrounding lunch is a time to catch up with your friends, fuel up and prepare for the rest of your day, but with only 25 minutes by the time you have caught up with your friends or eaten your lunch, there is no time to refresh before your next class. It has been proven that students who are given longer lunch breaks are more refreshed and ready for the rest of their day because they are able to consume all of their lunch. 25 minutes is not nearly enough time when you take into consideration, waiting in line if you are buying your lunch, when the average lunch period has about 425 students in each of them. Also you can only pack snack like items that are individual bagged because waiting to heat up your food takes even more time away, which promotes bad eating habits. I have found myself on multiple occasions eating the rest of whatever snack I had on the way to my next class, trying to choke down as much of my lunch as I could before my next period. There has been days where I have felt so dizzy and very shaky due to my blood sugar being so low from lack of food. Therefore, it is crucial that Thomas Worthington along with other schools lengthen lunch periods to allow their students to refuel and refresh so they can be brighten and stronger scholars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the Subway 6-inch Sub

The Need for Healthy Food to be More Convenient!

Bad Ingredients Don't Only Affect Us...They Affect Our Pets Too!