A Food...More Specifically A Place...That Has A Lot of Meaning to Me

One food...more specifically one place that has a lot of meaning to my family and I, is located in Wapakoneta, Ohio. This place is a very small "restaurant" known as, the Beer and Wine Depot. At this drive in spot, is the most delicious food you can find in such a small town. My mom's family has been eating there, since she was 14 years old, and then she passed the tradition onto me since I was a child. The classic, Woten/Alston meal there is their 18 inch pizza with sausage, pepperoni, mushroom and onion. Our family also gets a side order of french fried pickles to complete the meal. The reason this meal has significance to me is because of the stories and folklore surrounding it. My mom tells me countless stories from her childhood that involve this pizza. Whenever we drive up to get it, she shows me around her hometown and shows me all the places she used to go to as a kid. Therefore, signifying a way for me to bond with my mother and learn about her past. Also this pizza is present at every major family gathering, whether it is a birthday, wedding or just a gathering "Beer and Wine" is always present. Although this is just a pizza and has no cultural significance, it has a personal meaning to me because it signifies family, life and reminiscing for my family and I bringing back all the great memories we have shared over this pizza.


Beer and Wine's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/BeerandWineDepotWapakonetaOhioPizzaFoodbeverages/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the Subway 6-inch Sub

The Need for Healthy Food to be More Convenient!

Bad Ingredients Don't Only Affect Us...They Affect Our Pets Too!